Avanto is on a mission to partner with disruptors in elevating the Contract Furniture Industry people, processes, and technology. While we focus on software, processes, and people that support the industry transition to a modern furniture transaction, awareness of what the industry ecosystem is talking about goes a long way toward moving things forward. Industry podcasts are a great way to listen and learn!
Here are some of our favorite highlights and take-a-ways from September 2023 podcasts.
In his inaugural episode, Tim Carroll, COO of Working Spaces, sat down with Travis Harter, Nashville Market Leader with Working Spaces, to discuss the realities of crafting culture in this new era of hybrid work.
- People make the culture. The company does not make the culture.
- Culture is best built face-to-face. Without the face-to-face element, it is difficult to maintain, and impossible to build.
- Companies should consider establishing some guidelines around Zoom calls; cameras on, stay engaged, and participate as if you were face-to-face. It matters.
- Hybrid work models do work – find the right balance of on-site and work-from-home for your business and your people.
- Bringing people back to the office anchors them in something.
- As a worker, if you make your presence irrelevant, the rest of the world becomes your competition.
“Culture Requires Pants.”
Follow Tim Carroll on LinkedIn
Follow Travis Harter on LinkedIn
Follow Working Spaces on LinkedIn
Check Back to See What’s Next – Culture at Work Podcast
In this episode, Sid sits down with Jason Levy, an Independent Rep with over 20 years in the industry, building his package of lines from primarily textile based, to a broader offer including lighting, furniture, and art.
- Put your client at the center of what you do, and how you design your experience. Develop tools that make it easy for them to do business with you, when, and how they want.
- Making and maintaining connections has transitioned from marketing and connecting one-to-many pre-2020 to one-to-one post-2020. Get creative. Get personal. Be genuine. Be helpful.
- Advice to a young rep for reaching the A&D community.
- Know Them – Know the designers in your marketplace.
- Follow Them – Follow them on LinkedIn, Instagram, wherever they are.
- Engage with Them – When they post something you find informational or insightful, respond with a thoughtful comment.
- Connect with Them – Go to events. Find opportunities to engage.
- There is still a place for old-school techniques in the modern world. Find a reason to say hello. And bringing donuts or cupcakes doesn’t hurt.
Follow Jason Levy on LinkedIn
Check out Jason Levy’s Website
Follow Sid Meadows on LinkedIn
Check Back to See What’s Next – The Trend Report
Additional Industry Podcasts and Webinars Worth a Listen…
Like What You Saw / Heard? Recommendations for other industry podcasts we should summarize?
If you have a favorite industry podcast not listed above, let us know! We’ll take a listen and include them in next month’s summary!
Interested in learning more about what we do – check out our website www.goavanto.com or contact us to start a conversation. email@example.com Interested in seeing what we’re talking about? Follow us on LinkedIn.